Insurance marketplace conditions and health care reform are constantly changing, and our firm continually monitors any health, prescription drug, dental, vision, and other insurance industry legislative activity that could affect our clients‚Äô current and future employee benefit programs.¬† Guidance on State and Federal regulations such as FMLA, COBRA, PPACA, HIPAA, ERISA, NJ Family Leave Act, W2 Reporting support, and NJ Public Entity A4 Surcharge Filing support are also available to our clients.¬† Brown & Brown Insurance contracts with¬†Miller Johnson, a nationally recognized law firm, for assistance on Health Care reform matters.¬† Our¬†firm provides a variety of resources to assist clients in complying with federal legislation and state mandates.
- Guidance, consultation, and updates on pertinent legislative activity – With the continually changing health care reform and legislative landscape, our firm provides timely updates on topics that impact a client’s employee benefits program now and in the future,¬†as well as¬†prepare templates for required annual employer notices, and offer support for W2 Reporting and NJ Public Entity A4 Surcharge Filing. Our parent company, Brown & Brown Insurance, offers employee benefits related legal counsel to our clients (through the law firm of Miller Johnson), while our internal dedicated service teams provides regulatory and compliance guidance.
- Updates on PPACA (Patient Protection and Affordability Care Act)¬†and implications to private and public sectors, as well as state mandates – Our teams are well versed in the provisions that will affect your employee benefits program, and their knowledge of Health Care Reform’s continually changing landscape is timely and accurate at both state and federal levels.
- Provide access to HR Workplace Services* – Due to the ever-evolving climate of constant change within health care and human capital management, the need for a pro-active, consultative Human Resources service is profound. Brown & Brown Benefit Advisors has partnered with HR Workplace Services, which is a dedicated team of Human Resource professionals available via phone or email to provide guidance on Human Resource issues and regulatory compliance on employee benefit topics.
- Review current plan documents and/or employee benefit booklets for compliance
- Provide a template for required Annual Employer Notices
- Assist with obtaining an ERISA compliant Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- Provide periodic Health Care Reform updates from the law firm of Miller Johnson** – These updates include quarterly webinars from Miller Johnson, who Brown & Brown contracts with nationally to assist our clients with regulatory and compliance matters.¬† Access to these webinars is available through the Health Care Reform page of our site.
- Guidance on State & Federal regulations such as FMLA, COBRA, PPACA, HIPAA, ERISA, and NJ Family Leave Act
- W2 Reporting support, and NJ Public Entity A4 Surcharge Filing support available to clients.
* A dedicated team of Human Resource professionals available via phone or email for Human Resources, and regulatory compliance issue guidance on employee benefit topics such as Health Care Reform, COBRA, HIPAA, Overage Dependents, Disability, FMLA, Medicare Part D, employee handbook review, and much more.
** Brown & Brown Insurance¬†contracts with Miller Johnson, a nationally recognized law firm, for assistance on Health Care reform related matters.
Choose the advisor that will work to your benefit.¬† Call 888-537-2829.