Our firm continually monitors health insurance industry legislative activity that could affect our clients’ employee benefit programs currently and in the future. Our staff provides a variety of resources to assist clients in complying with federal legislation and state mandates. Below are some of our resources and recent updates for our clients to utilize.
- HR Workplace Services (pdf) â€“ Â The need for pro-active, consultative Human Resource services is profound, therefore, Brown & Brown Benefit Advisors has partnered withÂ HR Workplace ServicesÂ to provide assistance with the day to day Human Resource issues that can arise for our clients.Â They can also work with clients to build an Human Resources infrastructure and strategy that protects the business or organization long-term.Â Clients can access a dedicated team of Human Resource professionals available via phone or email to provide guidance on Human Resources and regulatory compliance issues like Health Care Reform, COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, employee handbook review, and many others.
- MyWaveHR (pdf) â€“ a personalized website that allows you to effortlessly click, connect and communicate with Brown & Brown Benefit Advisors.Â Itâ€™s designed to offer you time-saving tools and resources that build convenience into managing your everyday work tasks. Whether you want to view documents online, participate in plan/program surveys or connect with more than 325,000 peers in your industry, this is the place to be. Itâ€™s easily accessible, hardworking and just one of the many services available to you when you partner with us.Â This web based technology tool offering employee benefits and Human Resources content, such as:
- Federal Legislation Guides for Health Care Reform, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA
- Downloadable articles, brochures, forms and charts
- Share resources and information with thousands of industry peers
- ERISA Compliance (pdf)Â â€“ A Timeline for Compliance:Â When you offer retirement and health benefits to your employees, you need to make sure youâ€™re providing the right documents to stay in compliance with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA).Â Â Noncompliance can result in fines, so make sure youâ€™re providing the right documents at the right times.Â This a quick overview of the documents you need to stay in compliance.Â For more information regarding ERISA Reporting & Disclosure Rules and Enforcement, please see the ERISA compliance FAQs are in the Compliance Bulletins & Briefs list below.
- PPACA (Patient Protection and Affordability Care Act) Compliance â€“ visit our Health Care Reform page for resources and recent updates onÂ ACA 2018 Overview and Compliance Checklist,Â Employer Shared Responsibility Provision (ESRP) estimator, identifying full-time employees, an Applicable Large Employer (ALE) publication, recent legislative activity, and much more.
Compliance Bulletins & Briefs
- HSA Limits for 2019 (pdf)
- State Individual Mandate & Reinsurance Program for NJ (pdf)
- Employee Benefit Plan Limits for 2018 (pdf)
- Health Plan Coverage for Same-sex Spouses (pdf)
- COBRA Guidelines for NJ (pdf)
- COBRA Qualifying Events (pdf)
- FMLA Guidelines for NJ (pdf)
- Employee Leave Laws for NJ (pdf)
- Health Insurance Mandates for NJ (pdf)
- ERISA Compliance FAQs: Reporting & Disclosure Rules (pdf)
- ERISA Compliance FAQs: Enforcement (pdf)