Regulatory & Compliance
Our firm continually monitors any health, prescription drug, dental, vision, and other insurance industry legislative activity that could affect our clients' current benefit programs.
- Provide access to HR Workplace Services, which is a dedicated team of HR professionals available via phone or email to provide guidance on HR and regulatory compliance issues like Health Care Reform, COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, employee handbook review, etc.
- Review current plan documents/benefits booklets for compliance
- Assist clients with obtaining an ERISA compliant Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- Provide legislative updates as needed about topics that impact your benefits program such as Health Care Reform and newly passed state mandates
- Provide a checklist and templates for required Employer Notices
- Provide access to MyWave HR, a web based technology tool offering the access to Federal Legislation Guides for Health Care Reform, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, as well as downloadable articles, brochures, forms and charts, and allowing the administration to create and provide comprehensive, health-related information, in ready-to-print newsletters to your employees helping them make smart and informed healthcare, consumer-related decisions
- Provide monthly legislative updates on Health Care Reform from the law firm of Miller Johnson, who Brown & Brown contracts with nationally to assist our clients with regulatory matters